Yay! My book of short stories is now available on Amazon!
Find “Thief” here.
Tips to Sell Your Book
Today, I would like to post a little about selling books. What are some ways that we authors can sell? I know, I know, I’m not, like, in the top one hundred when it comes to book sales, but I have some ideas to share.
- Blogs are freely available and you can chose plans from free to a fair bit of change. WordPress is my favorite.
- Website. A website on a free hosting provider is one way to reach the public. Some free hosting providers are a. Weebly and b. Wix
- Facebook. Is anyone not on Facebook?
- Tumblr offers lots of options for creativity.
- Pinterest lets you pin anything off the web. I like to use it for my story ideas.
- A more recent addition to this list is Medium
- Offer a sale on Amazon if that’s where you’ve published.
This helps to get your book out there and may give you some (hopefully good!) reviews.
- Instagram – While I have not used this many authors like it
- I nearly forgot Twitter!
I hope that some of these suggestions will be of use to you. All of the above sites can be used free, which may be a consideration for us budding writers.
For a few dollars more, some offer more bells and whistles, which are always nice to have I suppose.